Home » Formal Letter Of Introduction

CC0 1.0 Universal Public Domain Dedication

Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons CC0 1.0 Universal Public Domain Dedication license.

Formal Letter Of Introduction

For this assignment I was tasked with writing a letter that introduced myself to my instructors

Andre Ivkovic

8/28/20

City College of New York

160 Convent Avenue

New York, 10031

Dear Ms. Rodwell,

I’m writing to inform you about what type of person/student I am. This letter should allow you to get a sense of my academic background, character, and the work you will be expecting to receive from me.

I came to CCNY in hopes of majoring in Biochemistry so that I may become a Physician Assistant in the future. I’ve always wanted to be a Physician Assistant and so throughout high school, I’ve tried my hardest to take college-level courses in order to speed up the college process. I’ve taken multiple Lehman College Now classes and have even taken a college-level calculus class provided to my high school by Syracuse University. Thanks to all the hard work I put in high school, for my first year as a freshman, I’m taking only four classes. The classes are as follows, Calculus 2, Chemistry, Composition of history and culture, and the politics of language.

I’m decent at writing, however, I tend to struggle citing sources in my essays. By taking this class I hope to gain a better understanding of how to properly cite sources whenever I write an essay. I’m looking forward to the reading portion of the class since I haven’t read all summer. This will allow for the wheels in my head to start turning again which in return will make me use my brain to properly express my thoughts on paper.

I speak two languages. The languages are Serbian and English. I can read/write in English but I only know how to read Serbian. My mother and grandmother never taught me how to do so. I enjoy reading whenever I have to, however, I don’t read in my free time since I’m always busy with either schoolwork or housework. I do read the news but it tends to be from other parts of the world. World news is more interesting to me. I don’t read U.S. news since it’s just content bickering between people who have nothing better to do while also constantly showing the flaws in our society. It’s always negative and such a bore to me. I also enjoy listening to the news from channels on youtube since they also provide videos of situations and events going on around the world. Whenever I do have free time I usually paint or play video games. I play video games with my friends however if none of them are online or not playing together I just start painting random pictures I find on Google.

I hope you were able to learn a fair amount as to what type of person I am. I also hope you enjoyed reading this formal letter seeing as it is my first time writing in this format.

Thanks, and have a good day,

Andre Ivkovic

Course Learning Outcomes That Addressed My Growth

A portion of CLO number one relates to exploring new forms of writing. I had never written a Formal Letter of Introduction before. Since I didn’t know how to write a formal letter I had to search for examples online. I was able to learn from Purdue Owl that formal letters needed a sender’s address, date, inside address, and salutation before one were to write about themselves. Once that was complete it would be possible to close the letter. By jumping in headfirst and looking at examples of Formal Letters I was able to understand how I should introduce myself through writing.

A portion of CLO number two relates to developing strategies for reading and drafting. Drafting and writing my Introduction Letter allowed me to develop strategies that I would use in my other written pieces. Those strategies I developed, at the time, were correct paragraph spacing, correct organization of header, and page count